JOB NO.: 94063-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/PURCHASING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94063-AS
Working Title: Procurement Specialist
Official Title: SR PROCUREMENT SPEC(T05BN) or PROCUREMENT SPEC(T05DN)
Hiring Department: A036500-BUSINESS SERVICES/PURCHASING
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A degree is not required for this position.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Minimum of three years procurement experience.
2. Experience leading enterprise wide procurement initiatives for goods and services.
3. Understanding of State of Wisconsin Procurement regulations and laws, or comparable experience working in a procurement environment where adherence to defined organizational rules and standards are required.
4. Experience utilizing computer applications such as Microsoft Suite products, ERP, MRP, database, or procurement systems.
5. Demonstrable knowledge of common procurement contracting clause language, ability to read and interpret contract documents.
6. Ability to negotiate price, terms, and contract agreements with the vendor community.
7. Knowledge of cost analysis methods.
8. Understand and perform purchasing related functional skills using an electronic database oriented purchasing system.
9. Ability to work effectively with others, participate in cross-functional teams, and lead vendor meetings. Ability to establish high quality, effective working relationships with others.
10. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
11. Effective and disciplined time management skills
12. Knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts and methodologies.
13. Broad commodity experience for products and services.
14. Ability to work with campus business process owners to develop or refine their needs and effectively craft a procurement project plan to meet those needs.
License or certificate:
This is a Procurement Specialist position within the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Purchasing Services that provides expertise for complex and unique University/State of Wisconsin-Vendor contracting and purchasing. This includes non-traditional domestic and international buyer/vendor relationships as well as more innovative and rapidly evolving commodity transactions.
The position is required to intelligently address issues, surrounding the ever-changing technology available in the various industries as well as the state-of-the-art research technologies being conducted by University departments that in many cases lead the industry.
This position is responsible for unique, complex, high dollar commodity and service contracting. These contracts directly support the research, public service, and instruction mission of the institution as well as the needs of other State of Wisconsin agencies.
This position is responsible for commodities and service contracting that is beneficial not only to the campus, but also State Agencies/Campuses municipalities.
As a leading research institution, UW-Madison is continually procuring equipment, supplies, and services that are on the cutting edge of technology. Often such materials are developmental and unique to a particular research field. As such, this position requires advanced purchasing skills in preparing customized contracts that must be designed to allow for change due to emerging technology or research.
Supporting the leading edge of research requires conducting business in the global market. Contracts with international businesses present unique and complex contract language challenges, and require knowledge of import/export regulations and processes. Frequently contract negotiations with foreign suppliers lead to unique new complex legal issues never before addressed by the University. This position requires advance skills in explaining, interpreting, and negotiating legal language, and frequently interacts with UW Legal Counsel to develop new contract language. These contracts are specific to UW-Madison; however, can sometimes be used by other state agencies.
This position also is responsible for the development, management, and coordination of procurement policies and procedures for all types of commodity and service-related purchases on the UW-Madison campus. This position will routinely interact with domestic and international suppliers, and various state agencies. This position will work collectively with UW System and major campus users in the creation of appropriate specifications and negotiations of other contracts.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process, click the "Apply Now" button.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter that describes your experience in leading cross functional teams or enterprise-wide procurement projects, relevant experience (in procurement, contracting, production scheduling, or legal fields), your level of mastery and type of electronic procurement tools along with delivered analytics functionality, data query programs, as well as other notable responsibilities listed in the position description.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 12 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 10 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time