Director, Retail Dining Services
Director, Retail Dining Services
Dir, Retail Dining Services
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus.
To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Dining Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Director, Retail Dining Services to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Directing the strategic and operational activities of the Retail Food Shops.
* Formulation and approval of the departmental goals.
* Policy development and approval.
* Staff supervision.
* Budget development and allocation.
* Position has authority and autonomy to make significant decision without specific guidance or direction and conducts shot and long-term planning to anticipate and solve wide range of complex multi disciplinary matters.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Hotel and Restaurant Administration or Business Administration and five years of successful supervisory and managerial experience in a progressive, successful, large multi-unit dining operation, or an Associate's Degree from an accredited culinary institution with seven years of successful supervisory and managerial experience in a progressive, successful, large multi-unit dining operation. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills.
* A strong tendency for intervention and correction.
* Thorough understanding of a Customer Service driven organization.
* Commitment to the highest level of Food Safety Standards.
* Strong leadership, management, administrative and communication skills.
* Ability to develop plans to resolve issues in a proactive manner.
* Ability to teach, coach, mentor and assess performance, with the ability to take corrective action and disciplinary action if necessary.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in related field and seven years of closely related professional experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting