Visiting Research Scientist - Bioengineering (A1800223)
Visiting Research Scientist
Department of Bioengineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Bioengineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for a Visiting Research Scientist. Reporting to the Faculty in the Department of Bioengineering, the Visiting Research Scientist will conduct scientific research and assist the principal investigator in daily laboratory management.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct research in the area of molecular and cellular imaging both independently and with internal and external collaborators.
- Assist principal investigator in applications for funding and management of current funding.
- Train new lab members in technologies and protocols.
- Maintain laboratory records, maintain equipment, order laboratory supplies, and manage reimbursements.
- Assume additional appropriate related research duties to further the mission of the department.
- Ph.D. in Molecular or Cellular Biology or related field.
- Graduate training in cell or molecular biology.
- Experience in advanced molecular cloning techniques (Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate Assembly, and Yeast Assembly) and the generation of stable transgenic mammalian cell lines.
- Experience in flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and live-cell GFP-based fluorescence imaging.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experienced in managing laboratory supplies, biosafety and equipment maintenance, supervising and mentoring students.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- At least 4 years of postdoctoral work in cell or molecular biology.
The Visiting Research Scientist position is a full time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The position may become permanent at a later date. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by April 26, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Kathy Buss, email@example.com, 217-333-6804.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Research Scientist - Bioengineering (A1800223)
Open Date: 04/12/2018
Close Date: 04/26/2018
Organization Name: Bioengineering