Assistant Communications Director, Energy Education Council - University of Illinois Extension (A18
College of Agricultural Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois Extension
Assistant Communications Director - Energy Education Council (EEC) - A1800221
The Energy Educational Council is an independently funded 501 (c) 3 national non-profit with a long-time connection to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The Assistant Communications Director for the Energy Education Council (EEC) serves as a regular, full-time, 12-month academic professional staff member with primary responsibility for working in coordination with the Communications Director on the creation and coordination of Energy Education Council communication and outreach activities. This positions reports to/is administratively responsible to the Energy Education Council Communications Director.
One full time position is available.
Location: Energy Education Council Office - 4440 Ash Grove, Suite B, Springfield, IL 62711
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the Assistant Communications Director are as follows:
- Work with the Communications Director and team to create Energy Education Council public communication and outreach materials and activities including research, writing and scheduling of news releases and articles, web site updates, etc. based on timely and emerging energy issues.
- Concept-to-creation production of EEC program consumer education and outreach materials such as consumer handouts, print PSA designs, social media graphics, fact sheets, bill inserts, etc.
- Manage and create content for Council Web sites and social media sites.
- Provide leadership support in creating stakeholder communication including quarterly Council newsletter, annual report, brochures, PowerPoint presentations and other programmatic publications.
- Assist with marketing and promotion strategy and program execution.
- Operate programs including organization of materials, scheduling and office-based customer service and public event participation.
- Serve as a liaison with Energy Education Council members and other related organizations, as well as working with Council committees and volunteers.
- Perform other related duties that further the mission of Energy Education Council as assigned.
- Comply with all Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports as needed.
- Personal transportation required. Moderate travel will be required.
- To perform the functions of this position, the employee will be required to perform work both within an office and outside in the communities that are served, and must have the capability to travel from one location to the other in a timely fashion. Employee is responsible for securing personal transportation. A valid driver's license is preferred. Some work will be required during evenings and/or weekends. When working, the employee may be exposed to a variety of environmental factors to include, but not limited to, hot or cold weather, exposure to noise and allergens, and uneven ground. In performing the functions of this position, the employee may be subjected to various mental and physical demands as well to include, but not limited to, independently traveling to and performing work at different locations, lifting and moving items that may occasionally weigh up to forty (40) pounds and frequently weigh up to twenty (20) pounds, and twisting, pushing and pulling movements. More detailed information regarding the functions of this position (including the physical, mental and environmental requirements of the position) may be obtained from Human Resources for the College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) by contacting email@example.com.
Administrative Relationship: The Assistant Communications Director is administratively responsible to the Communications Director, Energy Education Council.
- Required: B.A. or B.S. in Communications, English, or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in progress may be considered for interviews, but degree must be completed by hire date. Experience with evidence-based research and writing. Experience with public communication campaigns and association organizations. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite programs. Ability to work independently and be self-directed; and ability to work well in team settings. Excellent editing/grammatical skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Preferred: Photography and video production experience. Experience with audio and video editing software. Experience with public speaking and event interpersonal interactions. Experience with marketing and promotions. Association or non-profit experience.
The position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure, academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Application Procedure: To apply, go to http://go.illinois.edu/A1800221. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume, three writing samples, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume dates must be in month/year format and employment history, at a minimum, should include all work dating back to the completion of your undergraduate degree. Positions that were less than full-time/100% must be noted as being part-time. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials must be submitted via the online system by the close date of May 10, 2018.
For further information about the position, please contact Molly Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance with the online application process, call 217-333-6747 or email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES - Extension
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Communications Director, Energy Education Council - University of Illinois Extension (A1800221)
Open Date: 04/12/2018
Close Date: 05/10/2018
Organization Name: Illinois Electric Council