International Marketing Specialist
Job ID: 24364
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Marketing & Communications IES
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $7,769/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Under limited supervision of the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Outreach, the focus of this position is on international marketing and positioning CIES to meet strategic and long term-objectives as related to international student recruitment, international student service, Study Abroad and Faculty-Led programs and other assigned programs. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating marketing efforts for recruitment in support of the International Recruitment and Partnerships department as well as some support of college marketing and communication plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee creation and distribution of international marketing materials, videos, advertisements, and promotional materials.
- Implement Customer Relationship Management (CRM) marketing for international enrollments in all CIES programs including development and maintenance of communication plans and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with CIES program managers and SJSU faculty to determine and recommend optimal mix of various marketing strategies for application, matriculation, Special Session, and online course enrollment (GA
- Develop and manage outreach activities to SJSU international students and alumni
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for print, presentations and web publications
- Coordinate translations of materials into key languages
- Coordinate marketing activities to community colleges, regional ethic groups and others
- Lead marketing strategies and projects related to international recruitment, partnerships and programs.
- Design and execute market research projects that provide vital information for program development and surveys that gauge customer satisfaction in international recruitment, partnerships and programs
- Provide marketing training and support to designated staff and student assistants
- Determine budget allocations and review financial reports to reach budgetary targets
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, marketing, communications, or relevant degree
- At least two years of marketing to international students for a large public university
- Excellent written communication skills (based on application material)
- At least four years of professional marketing experience including social media and customer relationship management coordination
- Experience writing for web, communication plans, advertisements, and collateral
- Experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and website applications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, fine attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of social media outlets, posting, developing analytics from social media sites
- Knowledge in researching social media and other marketing strategies related to web sites
- Ability to use market research to enhance the impact of communication strategies, campaigns, and program development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and community members
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and interests
- Knowledge in identifying and analyzing markets in the education sector
- Knowledge of SJSU admissions standards and processes
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management or database management systems
- Ability to create and maintain complex budgets
- Ability to work with programs, faculty and staff to schedule events
- Planning and detail oriented project management skills knowledge of budgeting and purchasing processes
December 11, 2017
Application Screening begins January 12, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046