Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) Coordinator
This position exists to provide program management to include student support, office management, and updating and monitoring budgets for the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP), and the special education Alternative Licensure Program (ALP-SED). A high level of attention to detail and multi-tasking ability is essential to this position. The ALP Coordinator reports to the Director of the Alternative Licensure Program.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups. Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and racial and ethnic minorities to apply.
Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) Coordinator
Salary for Announcement
The beginning of the salary range is $46,612. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
SOE - ALP (Alternative Licensure Program)
1.Office Management: (40%)
• Provide office management and support for the day-to-day operation of the ALP programs.
• Compose and generate correspondence to all ALP participants, academic and administrative departments at the university, participating school districts, and the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
• Develop, implement and maintain appropriate file systems and forms for the ALP programs.
• Create and update office processes and procedures associated with the ALP program.
• Determine and implement new processes and procedures as necessary.
• Update and maintain ALP participant database to store, retrieve, and manipulate data and provide informational and statistical reports.
• Create and edit ALP contracts and MOU's with school districts.
• Analyze and authorize expenditures from the ALP budget ensuring all expenditures are approved and match the budget.
• Monitor and update auxiliary and federal awards for accurate payroll allocations and expenditures, and make adjustments as necessary.
• Review monthly budget for the ALP to reconcile the account and detect possible errors or discrepancies.
• Assist with creating yearly ALP budgets and update budgets throughout the year as necessary. Prepare faculty and coaching contracts and salary supplemental forms.
• Monitor and update coaching timesheets and hours worked. Manage ALP purchase orders.
Program Support: (45%)
• Explain the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) undergraduate and graduate program requirements to potential candidates in person, by telephone, and via e-mail, including CDE requirements for candidates as well as admission, registration, student health insurance, financial aid, and payment procedures Advise students and potential students regarding school district hiring trends and the CDE application process. Address student issues and complaints and determine best solution.
• Manage and update the ALP website, determining layout and content on the site. Ensure all information, policies and procedures are accurate and up-to-date, including current CDE requirements. Work with IT as needed to create and maintain the secure student registration site.
• Manage all out-of-state licensure paperwork for any previous ALP students.
• Address issues with former ALP students to include licensure issues, transfers, and complaints and determine best course of action to resolve the issue.
• Review the legal requirements found in S.B. 09-160 and Colorado Department of Education (CDE) requirements, to ensure the MSU Denver Alternative Licensure Program is in legal compliance.
• Manage all CDE paper work to ensure all documentation is complete, accurate and all licensure forms are maintained for proper documentation.
• Prepare monthly billing to school districts for student tuition payments via payroll deduction.
• Compile and maintain ALP data for the CDE Data Pipeline and Title II ALP report.
• Assist in development marketing materials, promotion, and logistical support.
Admissions Evaluation: (10%)
• Examine undergraduate and graduate admission application materials.
• Verify admissions eligibility for graduate ALP-SED candidates and work with ALP-SED Director to identify exceptions.
• Liaison with Admissions, Registration, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Cashiering and Health Center to troubleshoot problems and determines solutions.
• Work with School of Education to ensure all standards for the graduate program are maintained. Enter student registrations and monitor student progress in the ALP program.
• Work with the School of Education, Financial Aid, and Registrar's Office to identify ALP-SED MAT and ALP 2 MAT students are differentiated from the traditional MAT students.
• Monitor and report updates/changes to the ALP staff regarding the ALP legal requirements.
• Evaluate each student's status with CDE, ensuring all ALP students meet the legal requirements. In the event of non-compliance, determine steps needed to ensure compliance and consult with ALP Directors to ensure compliance.
Other duties (5%):
• Work collaboratively with other programs within the School of Education.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Experience managing, supporting, and overseeing daily program activities.
• Experience creating and monitoring budgets.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Prior knowledge of MSU Denver policies and procedures for Academic and Student Affairs, Administrative Computing, Administration and Finance, and the Foundation.
• Ability to review and interpret legal requirements.
• Experience using BANNER or related database system.
• Experience in higher education or other academic setting.
• Ability to interpret and use Colorado Department of Education alternative licensure requirements to guide MSU Denver ALP program compliance.
• Experience updating and managing a department website.
• Strong oral communication skills.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This position will close at midnight MST on the closing date.