Senior Registration and Records Assistant
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) is seeking a Sr. Registration and Records Assistant to support the Health Sciences Division.
The Sr. Registration and Records Assistant assists in a wide range of administrative functions to support records and registration operations, including but not limited to, class scheduling, student manual registration, student notifications, processing transcripts and forms, authorizing criminal background check and drug screening, organizing and maintaining files and records, answering phones, and other general reception activities. Work is generally performed in an office setting with frequent interruptions and changes in the workflow/volume.
• Prepare reports to support scheduling process within the departments.
• Update course scheduling information each semester into system of record.
• Coordinate classroom schedules.
• Provide support and continuity of service to ensure student records following established workflow policies in accordance with review, approval, and processing guidelines.
• Prepare and process notifications on record status change, such as academic review notification.
• Maintain, update, and organize student records according to the compliance and data retention standards set by the university and the division.
• Assist students with basic admissions and enrollment related inquiries.
• Perform administrative and office support duties which include, but are not limited to, scanning documents, answering phones, distributing and processing mail, ordering office supplies, managing classroom calendars, and overseeing wage or student employees.
• Assist students and departments with registration and course administrative support, such as, manual registration coding, and processing routine forms.
• Assist academic departments with textbook orders for the GW Bookstore.
• Other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess a high level of detail orientation and accuracy; a demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, high volume environment; demonstrated ability to work with diverse clients and stakeholders; and outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
Prior experience working with Banner highly preferred.
Prior experience in a Registrar's Office or similar setting preferred.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Registration Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007140 Job Open Date: 04/12/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience with BANNER?
- * Do you have experience in Admissions, Student Records, Registrar, or Financial Aid Office?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter