Financial Aid Counselor-Student Financial Services
Category: Professional Staff
Department: Student Financial Services
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Apr 12, '18
Ref No.: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by seven goals: to create pathways and partnerships to promote student success; to demonstrate strength through diversity; to develop and cultivate college-wide sustainability initiatives; to expand technology throughout the College; to foster wellness, growth and life-long learning; to identify and close workforce gaps; and to institute a culture of evidence and accountability. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
- Reviews, verifies and evaluates students' applications and supporting documentation for eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs as needed.
- Counsels and advises students regarding application procedures, loan borrowing, ISIR/SAR corrections, special circumstances, and state and federal aid eligibility.
- Acts as a liaison to and supports operation of BHCC's Student Central one stop office
- Assists with administration of the Federal Direct Loan Program
- Assists with administration of state grant programs
- Conducts workshops regarding the financial aid application process and procedures for new and renewal applicants.
- Assists in the continued development of the financial aid computer system and integration of all college systems.
- Serves on various department, division, and college committees.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with two (2) years' experience and/or training involving financial aid operations or loan processing, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of federal and state student aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state aid management systems
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Ellucian Colleague experience preferred
Salary Range: $45,563.00-$50,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 2, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To ensure consideration application materials must be received by April 26, 2018.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.