Assistant Manager, Merchant and Cashiering Services-1
Hyde Park Campus
58706 CSL-Bursars Office
About the Unit
The University of Chicago is one of the nation's leading institutions of higher education and research. Campus and Student Life (CSL) is a division comprised of 20 departments that serve the University's 5,000 undergraduate and 10,000 graduate and professional school students, as well as the campus community more broadly. CSL is importantly charged with the dual task of supporting all students in the University and managing multiple campus departments and services that serve the entire campus community.
- The Assistant Manager Merchant and Cashiering Services (AMCS) reports to the Manager of Merchant and Cashiering Services and provides central support for all University Merchant Services and Cashiering Systems.
- Serving as a liaison between external constituents and the University community, the AMCS provides essential customer support while ensuring fiscal and compliance oversight for all merchant and cashiering transactions.
- In addition to support, the AMCS leads development and implementation of new policies and procedures for maximum efficiency and effectiveness in customer support and fiscal responsibility.
- Provides system support, development, and maintenance of merchant services and cashiering systems.
- Liaison with vendor partners (CashNET, CORE Technologies, etc., AIS). Oversee system functionality and report, identify and resolve system incidents.
- Serve as a liaison between the Maroon Federal Credit Union, University's IT support group, department users and the product vendor for development.
- Primary customer service point of contact between the University community, merchant services solutions and cashiering in determining payment solutions.
- Resolves all departmental merchant services and cashiering escalations.
- Reconcile merchant account fees (PCI, DSS , etc.) and support financial ledger transactions for revenue management.
- Assists University departments in the timely and accurate posting to account ledgers departments including providing documentation for wire transfer and ACH transactions.
- Supports the propagation of the University's financial and credit card processing policies to the campus community; understands the implication of PCI DSS on credit card processing solutions.
- Configure and manage access to the cashiering system for University departments.
- Document/update procedures and business processes.
- Develop effective access protocols and recommend process efficiencies and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or seven years relevant financial payment management experience strongly preferred.
- Functional knowledge of credit card payment solutions and knowledge of ACH transactions, Credit Card Services/POS systems and/or Merchant Processing Services preferred.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and workflow, spreadsheet analysis, and project management.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/