Capital Project Delivery Intern
5235 S. Harper Court
90638 Facilities Project Management
About the Unit
Facilities Services supports the mission of the University of Chicago through efforts to maintain and enhance the University campus and environment and provide superior client service to our community including faculty, students, staff, neighbors and visitors.
Under direct supervision of a Project Manager, the Student Intern will provide support on all project – related activities and will take an active role in the documentation of project requirements and communications. The Student Intern will assist the Project Manager in achieving schedule goals of their assigned projects.
- Participate in budgeting, scheduling, design, and construction activities under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Provide administrative support to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information to project stakeholders including meeting scheduling and coordination, prepare meeting minutes and presentations, maintain tracking systems, filing and documentation systems.
- Conduct onsite visitation and observation to ensure that University standards and project's design objectives are met.
- Other duties assigned.
- Enrolled in an accredited University/College in pursuit of a degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.
- Effective planning and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Visio and AutoCAD preferred.
- Ability to interpret construction documents preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Mobility and agility necessary to climb stairs and ladders;
- working in restricted spaces, sometimes high above the ground;
- working in extreme temperatures;
- mechanical and manual dexterity; engaging in strenuous activity over extended periods of time;
- lifting and moving loads consistent with job requirements; bending and working in a kneeling position for periods of time.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer.
Resume, Cover Letter, and List of References.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/