EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1700112
Cover Letter, Resume/CV
CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
First Review Date:
San Jose City College
$66,369 - $82,943 Annual Salary (Range C-110: Confidential Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2016-2017). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Supervisor positions also include 22 vacation days, 17 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the President is a Confidential position that reports to the College President at San Jose City College. This work schedule is 12 months per year position; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Screen office and telephone calls; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public, students, faculty and staff; resolve concerns and complaints; refer inquiries as appropriate. 2. Establish and maintain a variety of confidential files and records; research and gather information for special reports. 3. Maintain calendars of department activities, meetings and various events; make reservations for conferences and other events; coordinate travel arrangements for department staff as needed. 4. Perform paraprofessional support work as assigned; research questions pertaining to policies and procedures. 5. Perform a variety of administrative and clerical support functions; receive, review and initiate the processing of worker's compensation claims; submit appropriate paperwork; office; follow-up as necessary. 6. Perform confidential administrative secretarial functions for assigned office activities; independently prepare correspondence; respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature; prepare reports and graphic materials as assigned. 7. Receive and process agreements; edit and maintain agreements; monitor expiration dates, inform appropriate executive staff. 8. Compile Board meeting material; ensure all information is assembled and properly file; route to Chancellor's Office by assigned deadline. 9. Provide staff support on a variety of boards and committees; prepare agendas and other material; prepare minutes and distribute. 10. Open, sort and distribute mail; identify priority items. 11. Order and maintain adequate supplies as required. 12. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Knowledge of: 1. Principles of business letter writing 2. Advanced principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting 3. Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment 4. English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation 5. Basic mathematical principles. Skills and Abilities to: 1. Perform responsible and difficult secretarial work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative. 2. Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures. 3. Independently prepare correspondences and memorandums. 4. Operate a variety of office machines including a word processor. 5. Type and word process at a speed necessary for successful job performance. 6. Compile and maintain confidential and administrative records and files. 7. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. 8. Work independently in the absence of supervision. 9. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. 10. Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- making observations
- reading and writing
- communicating with others
- operating assigned equipment
- handling varied tasks simultaneously.
- walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- operating assigned equipment.
- making sound decisions and using good judgment
- answering questions
- exercise initiative in the completion of work
- demonstrating intellectual capabilities
- maintaining confidentiality where appropriate
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training.
2. Three years of increasingly responsible administrative secretarial experience.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
1. Typical office environment.
1. Essential and other important functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2016, with enrollment of approximately 16,000 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 41%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 1%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 30 % Hispanic/Latino, 16% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 47% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Email: [email protected]
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities