Location: Chicago and Wheeling Campus
Who we are
We are a team of dedicated educators who have been working together to build an amazing new Instructional Model that supports first-generation students with a focus on the holistic student. The Pathways Program is in its second year serving undergraduate students at National Louis University. In 2016, we quadrupled in size and now serve almost 400 students and we expect to more than double in size next year. We work fearlessly on educating and retaining students. As a result, we have exceeded national benchmarks with our approach to appreciative advising and data-driven, personalized instruction. Our education is student-focused, expects excellence, provides personalized support in a data-driven environment all with the pillars of continuous improvement and innovation to structure our work.
Who you are
You are: Driven to Succeed.
You are energetic and passionate about a diverse student body that includes many first-generation students. To be successful teaching in this program, you must be committed to excellence in teaching and learning in Higher Education. The position requires you to be agile, creative and engaging while offering a new curriculum and an unparalleled experience to undergraduate students. Enthusiastic candidates have the belief that all students can be successful students. As an active team member you believe in a supportive environment and a student-driven culture.
You will: Offer Best-in-Class Teaching and Learning.
You believe that your work has demonstrated your respect for education and the power that it holds. Each term, you will facilitate blended classes that utilize technology and data to drive instruction. You will work with a dedicated team of Coaches and Instructors, Content Experts and Data Analysts to determine how to personalize the learning experience for your students. In addition to teaching content, you will also encourage growth mindset, increase non-cognitive skill development and nurture academic confidence.
You are ready to: Make an Impact.
Each and every day, this program changes lives. You want to be a part of that meaningful innovation. You are someone that will always look for creative ways for students to earn success. We know this work is challenging, but we are in it together.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate to develop an effective student experience for students.
Facilitate courses assigned by delivering instruction in a blended environment.
Maintain current and active knowledge in the expertise area that is reflected in instruction.
Communicate professionally, relate well, and share a passion for postsecondary success for diverse learners.
Participate in weekly meetings with coaches and assessors to report student progress and obstacles (SSC).
Empower students to develop competency by sharing a passion for the subject and the skills.
Promote student success by showing flexibility in delivery and work schedule to provide student support, as well as, exhibit a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
Utilize technology-based teaching platforms, including an adaptive engine to aid students in the development of competencies.
Candidates should be qualified to teach Education ESL Courses
• Master’s degree in multicultural education, bilingual education, ESL education, or a closely related field plus a minimum of 1 year of experience successfully teaching ESL/EFL or bilingual education
• Doctorate degree in multicultural education, bilingual education, ESLeducation, or closely related field preferred
• ESL or Bilingual endorsement in the state of IL preferred
• Experience working with diverse populations and experience teaching children or adults in an ESL teaching situation
• Experience teaching early learners is highly desired
• Experience working with assessments in an educational setting is required.
• The successful candidate will be technologically savvy, A
• Applicants should also have competency in online teaching platforms (experience teaching online is highly desirable).
• Successful candidates will be required to complete pre-employment training in Desire to Learn, NLU’s online teaching program.