The Assistant Registrar supports the Registrar and academic departments in activities related to student records and registration. In particular, this position has primary responsibility for degree audits and transfer credit evaluation and posting. She/he must be proficient on all issues relating to the Registrar’s Office, academic policies and procedures. The incumbent will routinely interact with students and faculty as well as staff from various offices across campus including, but not limited to Admission, Advising, and Continuing & Graduate Studies.
Degree audits/graduation tracking:
- Performs degree audits and tracks progress toward graduation for traditional and Continuing Education student populations;
- Maintains accurate lists of expected graduates and Commencement participants;
- Communicates with students and advisors in matters related to degree completion and requirements;
- Certifies students for graduation and confers degrees in Banner system;
- Determines graduation honors and makes updates in Banner system;
- Makes necessary curriculum updates in CAPP degree audit system, including individual student adjustments;
Transfer credit evaluations:
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of transfer credit evaluations for traditional and Continuing Education student populations;
- Posts transfer credits to student records in Banner system;
- Communicates with students and advisors in matters related to transfer credit ;
- Reviews student requests to transfer courses from other colleges;
- Communicates with faculty to determine and confirm transfer course equivalencies;
- Makes necessary updates to course equivalencies in transfer credit database and performs regular review of database for accuracy;
Support of College/Registrar events:
- Assists with Commencement and related events, including representing the Registrar’s Office at Commencement Fair and Commencement rehearsal and ceremony;
- Participates in semester Check-In events;
- Participates in New Student Orientation;
- Assists with creation of course sections in Banner student system;
- Supports daily Registrar’s Office operations as needed, including processing course registrations and transcript requests;
- Participates in committee meetings as assigned;
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee;
- Respects and maintains confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related experience.
- At least two to three years of experience working in a higher education setting, preferably in the Registrar’s Office.
- Familiarity with FERPA and College policies and procedures.
- Ability to work some weekends in support of College events.
- Proficiency with Banner Student System and CAPP degree audit system a plus.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.