Student Financial Aid Processor, Part-time
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid & Student Financial Services, the Financial Aid Processor performs and assists with a wide variety of functions as a supportive member of the Financial Aid team. The primary responsibilities for those role are: daily management of the Award letter process including printing and mailing, over-seeing regular review of the ISIR (electronic data files) review process, weekly release of missing in formation letters including review of the file and coordinating printing and mailing with the Copy Center, responsible for running and managing the discrepancy processes and all reports and dissemination of discrepancies and records to counselors as needed. Additionally, assists the team as needed in peak periods, providing superior customer service to all current and prospective students and families in person, in e-mail or by telephone. This position works 25 hours per week, and the schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am -2:30 pm.
Oversight of Award Letter and Missing Information Letter Processes:
- Coordinates and performs the daily printing, distribution for review, error correction and mailing processes for all student populations.
- Coordinates all pieces of the Award letter mailing including matching of the Financial Planning documents to the Award Letters ensuring the students receive their personalized materials.
- Coordinates the Missing Information Letter mailing calendar and manages the weekly process for all student populations.
Management of Subsequent ISIRs (electronic data records):
- Oversees the daily importing and loading of subsequent ISIRS resulting from applicants applying for financial aid.
- Coordinates the discrepant review process and ensures distribution to Financial Aid Counselors as appropriate.
- Assists the ISIR load administrator as time permits in reviewing records in “suspension” and loads the records in to Banner as necessary.
Oversees the Discrepancy Edits process:
- Responsible for running daily and weekly reports per the department calendar.
- Reviews exceptions reports to determine if discrepancies exist.
- Distributes discrepancies to counselors as appropriate.
- Participate in College events that require representation from the Student Financial Services Office including but not limited to: Accepted Students Days, Open Houses and semester opening days, which includes nights/weekends.
- Answer questions and provide general support to families.
- Alternate to cover the reception desk area during lunch to assist students and their families both on the telephone and in-person.
- Assists with customer support during peak periods as needed.
Support to Financial Aid Counselors for Program Administration:
- Assists counselors with fund reconciliations for the federal and state aid programs such as, but not limited to, MA No Interest Loan program and Federal Pell Grant program.
- Assist with program mailings or outreach to students as needed.
- Participate in any initiatives for the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Associate’s degree is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year in a progressively responsible role in student financial aid or other higher education department.
- Familiarity with financial aid language, aid software or other college department information systems.
- Good planning/organization skills, math/statistical and analytical and problem solving skills are needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills, specifically the ability to work with students and families.
- Must be team-oriented with good oral and written communications skills. Must react to customers quickly, accurately and congenially.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for department needs and College.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.