Scope of Job
To oversee the day to day operation of a residential community housing between 150 and 400 college students, faculty and staff residing in the student residence hall or residential complex. Responsible for supervising and facilitating program planning and administrative responsibilities related to the operation of the student residence hall or residential complex.
Description of Duties
• Plans and supervises student life activities of residential units.
• Supervises Resident Assistant (RA) and Office Assistant (OA) staff including selection, training, scheduling and evaluation.
• Plans, coordinates, and monitors residential staff work schedules and activities.
• Provides counseling, guidance and referrals to residents and staff.
• Coordinates staff selection, training and evaluation.
• Participates in residential program and student development activities.
• Prepares reports on resident activities and resident status.
• Coordinates special projects such as Summer Housing, Training, Camps and Conferences.
• Participates in resident and UTRGV committees.
• Coordinates maintenance concerns, property inventory, and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Timely completes and submits incident reports.
• Maintains discipline with residents and staff.
• Coordinates room assignment check in/out and maintains property/equipment inventory.
• Inspects halls regularly to insure compliance with safety requirements.
• Coordinates building maintenance.
• Maintains activity logs, maintenance logs, and records system for residents.
• Promotes resident participation in the Residence Hall Association.
• Monitors and enforces University policies and procedures.
• Serves as emergency on-call staff.
• Coordinates opening and closing of buildings during the end of semester and break periods.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in guidance, student personnel, or a related field.
One (1) year experience working in university residence life or related area.
Two (2) years of the above required experience and six (6) months supervisory experience.
Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Live-in position required. Scheduled on-call hours.
Some night and weekend work. Must be able to move within and between office buildings.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.