Sr Research Associate
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Senior Research Associate
Position # 00745091 Posting # 13158
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Duties include all aspects related to the daily operations of the lab. These duties include, but are not limited to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, communicating with collaborators, monitoring and organizing data, keeping electronic and written lab books up to date, grant writing, writing manuscripts, and training staff. Other job duties will include Philanthropy and the maintenance of social media presence, including our Foundation, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. This position will also require preparing and giving presentations once experience allows.
Duties include all aspects related to the daily operations of the lab. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform specialized technical analysis.
- Collaborate on conceptual project design and maintains data for lab team.
- Design and execute experiments.
- Train and supervise individuals in aspects of research related to animal surgery and animal care and basic science.
- Provide advisory information about hiring, firing, promoting, evaluating, increasing salaries of other employees.
- Interact with collaborators outside the institution on a monthly basis for project updates and data.
- Communicate with collaborators inside the institution on a weekly basis.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- 1 Year of relevant experience
- PhD with experience in PCR; protein chemistry; gene regulatory mechanisms, intracellular signal transduction, confocal microscopy; recombinant DNA technology, small animal surgery, electrophysiology
- 5 year of relevant experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13158
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Apr 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alejandro Lleras
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00745091