Graduate Student Service Coordinator
Graduate Student Service Coordinator
Physics - 122300
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm, OT as neccessary
The Physics Department offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate degrees in Physics giving students the opportunity to participate in world class research and training opportunities. This Department's goal is to serve our region and nation through formal and informal education, while excelling as a center of technological excellence.
The Physics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a College Recruiter to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Direct interface between the Department and students.
* Graduate student recruitment, orientation, registration,degree plan tracking, thesis proposal and defense scheduling.
* Graduate student record keeping, collection, filing and communication regarding prospective graduate students
* Attend graduate committee meeting note taking and action items.
* Produce and send teaching assistant offer letters and graduate student acceptance /denials.
* There is a high level of autonomy and responsibility during registration periods in working with the EIS system to add/drop students in classes.
* Assistance is expected with undergraduate student interface for answering questions about enrollment, classes, etc..
* Responsible for textbook adoptions for graduate and undergraduate courses.
* "Other duties as assigned" in this case can cover a broad spectrum requiring a vast knowledge and understanding of all aspects of academics, facilities, computer programs, faculty, staff and both graduate and undergraduate student needs.
* Ensures main office serves as an efficient source of information for students, staff, faculty and visitors.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
* Developed interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
* Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
* Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Willingness to travel extensively.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Three years of higher education academic experience.
* Strong organizational skills are mandatory due to the complex coordination efforts required for this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting