Early Childhood Services Director
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Early Childhood Services Director
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Early Childhood Services
Date Posted: 04/11/2018
Position Information: Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Auxiliary Services, the Early Childhood Services (ECS) Director is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all early childhood programs in support of the mission, values, and goals of the University of California, Riverside for our ECS Centers. This position is responsible for the continued operation of the ECS focusing on an educational system for young children and providing education and early care to UCR student, staff, and faculty children, a career staff comprising of teachers, assistants teachers, and administrative support, as well as student interns and work study students. The ECS Director ensures that operations are in compliance with regulations and policies at the University level as well as the State Department of Education - Child Development Division, U.S. Department of Education, Title 5 and Title 22. This position is responsible for the department's annual budget, which includes University Registration Fees, Parent Fees, State and Federal Contracts and Grants.
Minimum Requirements: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
Thorough knowledge of and skill in operating multiple early childhood education sites including full compliance with regulatory requirements.
Proficiency in the use of intermediate computer applications.
Thorough knowledge of industry best practices.
Excellent skills in sophisticated service orientation, strong management skills, leadership skills, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, creative problem solving and highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to make professional judgments based on the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment.
Ability to plan and manage an operating budget.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of rationale and current research about the science of the brain, which supports different models of classroom management and curriculum models.
Knowledge of multiple intelligences and learning styles including atypical development.
Thorough knowledge of finance accounting, systems operations and regulatory compliance requirements.
Knowledge of measuring performance, processes, and services and utilizing the results to successfully shape improvements. Performance measures would include California Department of Education (CDE) Desired Results, Clifford & Harms Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS), and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation standards, and others that are required by UCR and the University of California.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview