Ropes Program Coordinator
Salary: $45,500 - $54,400
Title: Ropes Program Coordinator
Department: Recreation/Student Rec Center
Date Posted: 01/31/2018
Position Information: The University of California Riverside, Recreation Department seeks a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive professional to assist the Assistant Recreation Director of Ropes and Child Care Center in the student staff development and supervision of the Ropes Program.
Minimum Requirements: Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
Advanced proficiency in the use of computer applications relevant to job duties.
Advanced knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
Advanced knowledge of program activity and best practices. Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve programs and processes as needed.
Highly effective service orientation; program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking skills, skills to develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
Demonstrates advanced client service leadership, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking skills to resolve non-standard issues.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Demonstrated ability to incorporate key program information for inclusion in web-based and other marketing materials.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview