Business Intelligence Developer (AITS)
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System
Administrative Information Technology Services
Business Intelligence Developer
Urbana - Champaign
The system offices seek a Business Intelligence Developer to be responsible for developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions for the U of I System. This includes providing expertise to project teams, hands-on development in business intelligence applications, technical troubleshooting, complex report development, and standard report administration. Persons in this position have a strong understanding of Business Intelligence capabilities and a Data Warehouse environment. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Use sound judgment, technical expertise and understanding of information needs to develop, test and implement business intelligence (BI) solutions that match the needs of U of I System personnel.
2. Actively participate in development and upgrade projects; work with project team members to determine conceptual solution design; analyze existing BI products, data structures, reports, and data visualizations.
3. Lead business intelligence solution design efforts. Participate in data model walkthroughs, develop and maintain procedures, and participate in performance and tuning testing.
4. Provide expertise in data visualization and related design techniques; understand and communicate data visualization capabilities; lead design sessions for dashboards while understanding the different means of acquiring data for a dashboard (direct DB query, extracts, etc.) and recommend the best data acquisition solution for the development of a dashboard.
5. Maintain and support existing business intelligence solutions. Answer staff questions, troubleshoot problems, modify existing products, and maintain policies, procedures, and documentation.
6. Interact with a variety of business, data and information technology personnel to develop effective BI solutions.
7. Develop and maintain procedures related to the scheduling and automation of enterprise standard reports.
8. Maintain knowledge of industry standard BI development practices (report development, data analysis, data visualization and interaction) and apply expertise to plan, design, and develop BI solutions.
9. Provide input and support for upgrades, capacity planning, and best practices.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in related field with three (3) years of work experience in an Information Technology environment and one (1) year of hands-on experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions. Other requirements include: proficiency in a database query language such as SQL; demonstrated understanding of business intelligence/data warehousing concepts; demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems; excellent communication skills, both oral and written; detail orientation, and demonstrated organizational skills and thoroughness.
Preferred qualifications include: experience in Data Sciences including predictive analytics, artificial intelligence and text mining; experience with SAP Business Objects, specializing in universe design and report development; experience developing interactive dashboards using a tool such as Tableau; experience building Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions; experience in a higher education environment; experience in enterprise standard report development; experience using tools such as TOAD, SAS and SQL Server; experience in enterprise standard report development; and experience with Enterprise Job Scheduling tools such as Automic.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by May 1, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The system offices conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The system offices is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The system offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 05/01/2018