Administrative Associate, Career Services Operations
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Center for Career Services is GW's central career services office supporting students and alumni in their career and professional development. Through personal career coaching, specialized programs, premier internship opportunities and connections with top-tier employers, they help students realize and advance their career and professional goals. The career services team is innovative, energized, and committed to creating a positive environment for student and alumni to discover their best selves.
Reporting to the Department Operations Manager, Administrative Associate for Career Service Operations would perform the following duties.
• Coordinates the logistical management of a high volume of workshops, programs and events sponsored by the GW Center for Career Services to ensure consistent high-quality execution. This includes room reservations, equipment, technology and catering. Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation between all university and external stakeholders and vendors.
• Manages and oversees, in collaboration with the Colonial Crossroads partner offices, the operations of the Colonial Crossroads reception area and other shared spaces (current partner offices are the Center for Student Engagement, Office for Study Abroad, Center for undergraduate Fellowships and International Services Office).
• Develops, disseminates, and enhances policies and procedures for the reception area and other shared spaces, including meeting rooms.
• Manages scheduling and staffing assignments in partnership with administrative coordinators in CSE and ISO.
• Supports Center for Career Services specific administrative services and processes, including managing Handshake Help inquiries/issues via phone, email and in person.
• Coordinate and/or assists with assigned projects, including new hire onboarding, scheduling, event and meeting management and communications.
• Selects, supervises, and trains the reception area student staff, events support student staff and general support student staff.
• Serves as the primary interface between the Colonial Crossroads partner offices and the Marvin Center and other Service areas to support the operational needs of the space.
• As needed, participates in and supports Career Center special events and activities, represents the Career Center at university wide events and activities and serves on Career Center Committees.
The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
• Genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative. Attention to detail.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents, such as students, staff of all levels, faculty, employers, parents, and alumni.
• Experience working with and managing students or other paraprofessionals, especially in a college or university environment
• Appreciation for, and experience with, working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Administration Sub-Family Administrative / Operations Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 9 am - 6 pm, occassional nights and weekends required Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007136 Job Open Date: 04/11/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter