Advanced Practice Nurse
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The Advanced Practice Nurse will report to the Director of The Center for Endoscopic Research and Therapeutics (CERTS) in the Section of Gastroenterology and/or assigned Supervising Physician(s), Section Administration and attending physicians assigned (monthly) to the service.
- Provide comprehensive care to patients in the outpatient Interventional GI.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, using advanced clinical skills to manage a caseload of patients.
- Perform the assessment, diagnosis, initiation of delegated medical treatments, independent nursing interventions and evaluation of care.
- Provide a model of care that is shaped by theory, expanded by science, research and reflective practice, and is identified by a holistic and comprehensive approach to the patients.
- Demonstrated clinical competency, effective leadership and teaching skills required.
- Ability to conduct physical examinations and health assessments required.
- Ability to interview and obtain medical information required.
- Willingness to enter into written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician upon hire required.
- Once licensed and as needed, willingness to apply for a mid-level practitioner controlled substance license and DEA number required.
- Willingness to be privileged and credentialed through UCMC Medical Staff Office prior to start date required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skill required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree (or equivalent, if license received prior to July 1, 2001) from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Ability to obtain Illinois Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) license by start date required.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse required.
- One year experience in an inpatient/outpatient gastroenterology setting preferred.
- Two years experience in a medical/surgical setting preferred.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/