Adjunct Instructor Spanish
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000248
Job Title Adjunct Instructor Spanish
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor Spanish.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
The essential job duties includes: teaching classes in Spanish at all levels of proficiency; comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, semester teaching evaluations, and other established procedures; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; as well as effectively communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Master's degree, Ed. D. or Ph.D. in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics or Literature, Spanish Education or related field.
- Documented excellence in teaching Spanish in high school, community college or university levels.
- Available to teach day or evening classes.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Native or near native proficiency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment.
- Experience non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in teaching hybrid or online or willingness to learn new course management systems.
- Knowledge of heritage speaker's pedagogy.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV; letter of application outlining applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position; contact information of three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information call Dr. Sheryl Santos-Hatchett at 972-780-3089 or email [email protected]
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree, Ed. D. or Ph.D. in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics or Literature, Spanish Education or related field?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teaching philosophy