University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Position # 00745088 Posting # 13156
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Duties include all aspects related to the execution animal research involving vascularized composite all transplantation research. Duties involve using microsurgical techniques to complete animal surgeries, train other surgeons, as well as care for and monitor animals and participate in in-vitro studies as well as other techniques involved in in-vivo imaging. Duties also include harvesting the donor graft of the eye transplant, doing the recipient procedure of the whole eye transplant, and completing the entire procedure as well as all of the animal care and functional assays and histology related to the whole eye transplantation procedure. Duties also include completing surgeries related to developing a preclinical model for eye transplantation. They also include being involved in all aspects of the research in the laboratory including research related to peripheral nerve injury and electrophysiological research and other research related to vascularized composite all transplantation.
Duties include all aspects related to the daily operations of the lab. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing specialized laboratory work and technical analysis. Collaborate on conceptual project design and technical aspects of completing the experiment.
- Provide training for technicians, students, residents, and fellows in all aspects of research related to animal surgery and animal care.
- Supervise individuals in aspects of research related to animal surgery and animal care.
- Provide advisory information about hiring, firing, promoting, evaluating, and increasing salaries of other employees.
- Harvesting the donor graft of the eye transplant, doing the recipient procedure of the whole eye transplant, and completing the entire procedure as well as all of the animal care and functional assays and histology related to the whole eye transplantation procedure.
- Completing surgeries related to developing a preclinical model for eye transplantation, and being involved in all aspects of the research in the laboratory including research related to peripheral nerve injury and electrophysiological research related to cortical remodeling in the setting of vascular composite all transplantation.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- 1 year of relevant experience
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Microsurgical experience in large and small animal surgery
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13156
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Apr 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alejandro Lleras
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745088