Business Analyst Integration Specialist
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Business Analyst Integration Specialist
Position Number: 744982 Requisition Number 13209
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Business Analyst - Integrations Specialist will assist customers, developers and managers in determining business needs in order to facilitate, coordinate and, in some instances, develop system integrations between existing university data sources (i.e., Campus Solutions, HCM, Oracle IdM, etc.) and campus-based software packages/applications. This position will work closely with integrations developers and subject matter experts to implement integrations that leverage existing infrastructure to support new functional requests. The Business Analyst will follow an integration service request through its full lifecycle. In addition, the Business Analyst will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the process and workflows of the Data Integration Service and for enforcing policies and practices, such as making sure that there are appropriate data owner approvals and security reviews of applications prior to integration completion. In addition, to ensure the success of the integration request, the Business Analyst may be asked to take on and complete other tasks related to OIT projects and service requests, such as conducting needs assessments, gathering and documenting requirement and completing technical and systems analysis.
Examples of Work Performed
- Works closely with customers and developers to analyze and define integration and data requirements.
- Advises requestors of overall process, approvals required, timelines, etc.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the various data systems and elements, including data stored at the System level (CU-SIS, HCM, FIN) and data stored by the university.
- Builds and maintains relationships with individual data owners and campus-level data approvers.
- Works with developers and assist in designing integrations which leverage existing tools and systems
- Works with both internal and external units to define, document, and determine the data that needs to be imported f campus-based software/applications as well as data that needs to be exported from central university systems.
- Works closely with OIT Risk and Compliance team to ensure information security policies and procedures, including the application assessment process, are followed.
- Follows standard procedures and protocols for the transfer of information, including data files, to third-party vendors and/or System office for testing and development.
- Works with Identity Management team, including the development of queries, when needed.
- Supports system implementations where data is requested and may be asked to perform other business analysis functions for the implementation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position has been set at $50,000 - $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in computer science or information technology related fields.
Substitution: Professional experience in information technology may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement
- 2+ years' experience in the field of business analysis, information systems, data management, data analysis or a similar field.
Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
The salary range for this position has been established at $50,000 to $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
- Experience in higher education
- Technical understanding of data models, data structure and database design.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft HCM, Campus Solutions and/or Oracle Identity Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The right candidate is someone with:
- A high level of critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to learn quickly and comprehend both technical and business concepts in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically the ability to communicate clearly and interact effectively with all staff levels, internally and externally, to reach mutual goals.
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to manage relationships across multiple departments.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment to manage simultaneous and varied complex projects from inception through completion.
- The ability to work in an unstructured environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- Experience with solutions development and systems implementation
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1.) Cover Letter 2.) Current Resume 3.) 3-5 Professional references. Questions should be directed to ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but full consideration will be give to complete applications received by COB April 17, 2018.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Apr 11, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Marci Grant
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00744982