Assistant Director SubDiv - Budget
Senior administrative official in line responsible for directing a dept, division, or college and could report to either an Associate Director or Director.
Position performs independent and advanced level supervisory and analytical responsibilities associated with complex budget projects for Facilities Services, including assisting manager with the coordination, preparation, and maintenance of department budgets. This position involves assisting in the development of the annual budget submission (total budget amount of $30 million), monitoring departmental budget expenditures, headcount management, and high-level analysis of Facilities Services departmental budgets and revenue/expenditure trends. This position interacts with department senior managers, Fiscal Services staff and academic staff.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related work experience OR 7+ years related work experience.
- Masters of Business Administration, plus 4 years experience
- Higher Education Budget and Accounting Experience, 2 years
- Knowledge of advanced budgeting principles and practices
- Knowledge of Governmental Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and charts, SAS plugin, and formulas
- Knowledge of business and financial management practices
- Effective communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of University / Higher Education rules, policies, and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and SAS Reporting
- Knowledge of Board of Regents and Department of Administrative Services policies (procurement rules)