Director of Administration - Department of Business Administration (A1800218)
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
Department of Business Administration
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Provide leadership and oversee the financial management, human resource functions, and daily operations of the Department of Business Administration in the Gies College of Business, including the development and execution of policies and procedures to meet the mission of the unit.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct all administrative, human resource and financial operations of the Department in accordance with university policy, relevant state and federal laws, and the goals of the College and Department.
- Manage and supervise the Department's administrative staff in order to provide a high level of customer service, teamwork, efficiency, and effectiveness. Train, direct workflow, prepare job descriptions, and complete performance evaluations for AP and Civil Service staff members.
- Advise Head, faculty, staff, and program directors on university policy and procedures with responsibility for keeping the Department in compliance.
- Act as primary liaison with the College and campus for personnel, instructional, budgetary, and other administrative matters of the Department.
- Work with departmental leadership to develop draft budgets for programs, aligning resources with strategic initiatives.
- Draft budgets for personnel, administration, research, and other costs to meet the current and anticipated needs of the Department. Create an overall departmental budget for approval by the Department Head.
- Responsible for fiscal management and control of all departmental funds. Oversee all financial processes and activities, analyze data, prepare reports, and review and approve daily transactions.
- Oversee and approve procurement processes, including purchase orders and University credit card purchases, equipment purchases, maintenance, and inventory.
- Facilitate construction of course timetable, gather teaching assignments, develop visitor/adjunct budgets, work with faculty and course schedulers to determine what classes will be taught, who will teach them, and the expected costs.
- Oversee and manage faculty and staff hiring processes, including visa and green card processing through ISSS. This includes ensuring job descriptions, job ads and HireTouch processes are conducted in accordance with ODEA and HR policies.
- Advise Department Head and faculty in handling personnel issues, recruiting and appointing faculty and other academic employees. Provide oversight of payroll and appointment processing.
- Monitor required trainings (such as mandatory ethics training) for faculty, Academic Professionals, Civil Service staff, and student employees, with goal of 100% compliance.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the annual faculty review, specialized faculty promotion, tenure-system faculty promotion and tenure, and third year review processes. Determine who needs to be reviewed and when, ensure that all parts of the process are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with Provost's Communications.
- Manage AACSB accreditation reporting requirements and other academic program reviews. Collect and synthesize data, validate data accuracy, and meet submission deadlines.
- Develop, recommend, and implement efficient business processes and procedures for operations to meet the administrative needs of the Department.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business. Master's degree preferred.
Minimum of five years of successful supervisory experience, including successful delegation of duties and professional development of staff. Minimum of five years of financial management, analysis, and reporting experience. Extensive knowledge of the academic and administrative policies and procedures of the University of Illinois. Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and internal and external constituents. Excellent decision-making skills, organizational and project management skills, and computer and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by April 25, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director of Administration - Department of Business Administration (A1800218)
Open Date: 04/11/2018
Close Date: 04/25/2018
Organization Name: Business Administration