Assistant Coach Sport Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800220)
~~NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Assistant Coach Sport Operations
Multiple positions available (see sport pairings below)
12 Month athletic year round service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist head coaches in assigned sport programs in the overall day-to-day operations of assigned programs.
• Coordinate all facets of logistical game and tournament travel arrangements for student athletes and staff to games, tournaments and all postseason contests.
• Travel may be required during the season in some assigned sport programs.
• Liaison between head coach and DIA administration:
o Review, monitor and analyze overall program budget, including proposed travel budget annually
o Create the Time Management Plan using Teamworks, while serving as a Teamworks team super user.
o Facility scheduling and preparation - coordination in scheduling facilities usage and preparation for practices and games
o Event Management - coordination with Event Management staff for all game day operations needs
o Marketing and Promotions-coordination with Marketing and Promotions staff to provide game/tournament logistical information.
• Liaison between sport program coaching staff and support staff units (Academics, Equipment Room, Strength & Conditioning and Sports Medicine).
• Facilitate equipment inventory and apparel orders with equipment staff.
• Assist with negotiating the terms for game contracts, including, but not limited to, guarantees, locations and/or logistics.
• Authorized to make P-card purchase on behalf of the assigned sport programs.
• Coordinate pre-season and break housing for assigned sport program's student athletes.
• Coordinate on campus recruiting functions, including design and set up of recruiting weekends, unofficial visits and official visits, and maintenance of recruiting database.
• Collaborate on team building activities and team specific functions.
• Sport program liaison for video collection, storage, conference sharing and video support for scouting and recruiting using online video platforms.
• Formulation and organization of data analysis in a manner useful to strategic team improvement
• Design, coordinate, and organize activities as they relate to the alumni relations, community service and outreach efforts.
• Ability to work in an autonomous and highly independent environment
• Implementation and completion of special projects, as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
• Women's Soccer/Women's Golf
• Men's Baseball/Women's Swimming and Diving
• Men's Gymnastics/Women's Gymnastics
• Men's Tennis/Women's Tennis
• Women's Softball
Bachelor's degree in business, sports management, kinesiology, recreation or related field required
Master's degree in same areas as required.
Current or previous intercollegiate athletics employment experience required.
Having working knowledge of computers and their functions required.
Skills in listening, judgment and decision-making.
Abilities in problem identification, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Ability to work in an autonomous and highly independent environment
Effective organizational experience
Experience with Division I intercollegiate athletics preferred.
Experience managing sport travel and sport budgets preferred.
Video experience preferred.
Experience with Jump Forward and/or Teamwork's platforms preferred.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by April 25, 2018. Applications not
submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of
application, resume and names of three references. For further information regarding application
procedures, contact: Maria Woods, [email protected]
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Coach Sport Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800220)
Open Date: 04/11/2018
Close Date: 04/25/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics