Employee Engagement and Communication Specialist
The Employee Engagement and Communication Specialist's primary responsibility is to plan, write and manage internal communications, driving toward the University's goal of fostering a healthy and engaging workplace culture. The manager will focus not only on how we effectively communicate with faculty and staff, but also on how we ensure that the communication is engaging and provides information for Metropolitan State University of Denver employees to be effective and proud to work for the University.
The specialist reports to the director of strategic communication, who reports directly to the University's vice president of strategy. The specialist works closely with the Human Resources department to support their employee engagement and inclusive leadership goals, driving toward the University's Strategic Plan goal of being a career destination of choice.
In this role, the Employee Engagement and Communications Specialist will partner with departments across the University to strategically plan and implement communication that informs, inspires and prompts action on various initiatives. The specialist will coordinate employee engagement communication with teammates in the Strategy Branch, including writers, editors, photographers, website and social media managers and external communicators.
The specialist is responsible for creating the daily Early Bird e-newsletter and monitors, generates and updates content for several key sections of the msudenver website. This position also builds and sends emails from university leadership accounts and supports staff and faculty events and recognition programs.
Employee Engagement and Communication Specialist
Salary for Announcement
The beginning of the salary range is $55,192. The final salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Marketing and Communications
Full Time Administrators
1. 40%: Develop employee engagement and internal communications plans, channels, and guidelines. In partnership with Human Resources, help shape a culture where MSU Denver faculty, staff and students feel valued and engaged in an environment of empowerment, trust, inclusion and fairness. Ensure all internal communications are clear, well timed, engaging, of a high quality, are visually compelling and consistent with content and style guidelines.
2. 40%: Develop, write and adapt the majority of stories for the faculty/staff e-newsletter (Early Bird) and ensure timely distribution. Manage the day-to-day activities of an internal communications function, for instance, monitoring and responding to the Early Bird editor's mailbox. Create and manage the Early Bird editorial calendar.
3. 10%: Develop surveys, metrics, and focus on effectiveness of communications and employee needs and interest around a host of employee engagement activities.
4. 5%: Other writing duties, including contribution to the newsroom (the Insider), University fact sheets and other print materials, website content and email messages from leadership accounts, including internal messages from the president.
5. 5%: Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a communication field (such as Communication, Journalism, or English).
Two years' experience in a communication role in an agency or organization.
Two years' experience writing employee engagement communications in fast-paced environment.
One year of experience using AP style in a professional environment.
Experience working with all levels of an organization in partnership with leaders and colleagues to drive strategic results in increased employee work satisfaction. Experience interacting with all levels of management/staff and across organizational lines.
Experience leading initiatives involving multiple departments.
Experience presenting to different audiences verbally, in writing and in presentation formats.
Experience working with detailed information and numerical data, developing metrics to measure results and presenting complex information easily understood by people at different levels in the organization. Experience in change management to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
In order for you application to be considered complete you must submit a writing sample of a feature story or internal communications piece you wrote. If you are unable to submit this at the time of application please send it to Dan Vaccaro at [email protected]
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.