Director, Client Services
105 W. Adams
3034103 Bus-Ctr For Res Security Price
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- The Director of Client Services primary responsibility is to improve and maintain high subscriber satisfaction and retention and for providing input on quality of our data and services and on new product directions.This role is outwardly focused and blends quantitative and technical knowledge and background with strong communications skills.The Director of Client Services reports directly to the Senior Director – Research Products Group and collaborates closely with the Director of Technology – Subscriber Products as well as other Client Services team members and with departments across the organization.
- Manage client relationship team members within the Client Services Group.
- Collaborate with licensing and subscriptions roles in pre- and post-sales efforts.
- Collaborate with quality assurance to develop and groom test cases for research product data and software.
- Coordinates beta releases of software and data and manages relationships with subscribers participating in these beta releases.
- Manages partnership relationships – primarily with our research data redistributors.This role initiates interaction for the development of software, new data products, and documentation/support materials that promote correct and enhanced usage of our data through distribution platforms.
- Provides feedback to CRSP departments based on client input through various channels.
- Provides strategic input for creation of client-based events.
- Collaborates in the development of materials to be used for training and CRSP product/ tools education for both internal and external use, such as query libraries, tutorials.
- Provides input and ideas external collateral including but not only: user documentation and guides, release notes, routine technical communications to subscribers
- Collaborates with relevant parties across departments in developing content to ensure that information is shared completely and efficiently.
- Leverage knowledge of the academic and research communities in a collaborative effort to most effectively serve and grow the CRSP subscriber base..Collaborates with members of the CRSP management team, ensuring the effective and orderly operation of the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with subordinates, staff members, and customers/users, ensuring that a productive and professional environment is created in all areas of work.
- Effectively direct area(s) of responsibility, by motivating, training, and developing a diverse group of staff members to provide desired strategic and operational outcomes within the allocated resources.
- Utilize effective human resources management techniques and skills, elevate sensitive issues to appropriate parties as warranted.
- Ability to collaborate within and across teams required.
- Strong attention to detail, strong problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Advanced degree required, PhD preferred.
- At least ten years relevant professional experience required.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Experience with financial data, understanding and working with large data sets is required.
- Experience in participating in product development and marketing support in a financial information environment required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with quantitative and query tools required, such as SAS, SQL.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, client relationship software, required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and master new technical skills required.
- Specific knowledge of and experience in the academic research community and financial data marketplace preferred.
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/