Recruits for the University of Kentucky diverse and academically talented students. Represents the University at college fair programs and professional conferences which will include extended hours of travel and weekend obligations. Responsible for managing a recruitment service area. Corresponds with and counsels prospective students and their families on the college admission process. Plans, organizes, and directs special events (on and off campus), conducts other office responsibilities as needed. Interacts with other university departments. Works with alumni clubs around nation keeping them up to date about the University of Kentucky.
8Z210: Undergraduate Admissions
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50lbs. Working at a computer for extended periods of time. Repetitive motion tasks. Regular job-related travel.
Days, Evenings, and Weekends.
This position will also operate on a Seasonal Schedule - select weeks during Winter and Summer months.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience working with students.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Current and former recruiters have said that to be successful in this position, one must value diversity, be extremely self-motivated, have above average time management skills, maintain high organizational skills, have strong public speaking abilities, and be extremely flexible. Knowing this, what experiences do you have that would make you an ideal candidate for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter