Instructor in Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry at the University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine is seeking a residency-trained, board certified/board eligible Fellow. The successful candidate must be committed to excellence in clinical care as well as teaching, administration, and professional development.
Preferred experience includes previous experience in providing psychiatric services, as well as experience in teaching medical students, residents, and other health professionals.
Please include a current curriculum vitae and cover letter along with application.
Instructor in Psychiatry
Addiction Medicine Fellow
Type of Position
Position Time Status
M.D. degree or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Completion of residency, as well as knowledge of psychiatric practices in a variety of clinical, teaching, and research environments.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Completion of an ACGME-approved residency program and full licensure in the state of Kentucky
Demonstrated ability in teaching students at all levels in an academic environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous experience in providing psychiatric services, as well as demonstrated ability to relate and communicate with internal and external faculty, staff, and other clients of the department. In addition, the most qualified candidate will maintain current National Standards of Practice in Psychiatry.
Deadline to Apply
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter