The Paramedic will work in the Level 1 Trauma Center to compliment the nursing role. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to: performing patient care duties utilizing a team approach in collaboration with RNs, MDs, and other members of the comprehensive health care team; and organizing, prioritizing, and delivering direct patient care based on determined scope of practice within the hospital setting.
Monitored Patient Transport
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time; and be exposed to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Must be able to work three, 12-hour, Night shifts (7p-7a) per week; will also be required to work some weekends and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have clinical care experience, including but not limited to: monitoring vital signs; inserting IVs, NGTs, and urinary catheters; assisting with 12 lead EKGs; assisting with wound care; assisting with suctioning; and completing proper documentation.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School diploma or GED preferred. Current Kentucky Paramedic Certification or Licensure required. Nationally registered EMT (NREMT) required. American Heart Association (BLS), ACLS, and PALS certification required. Three years of paramedic experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a certified/licensed paramedic through the state of Kentucky?
- * Are all other pertinent certifications current?
- * How many years of experience do you have as a paramedic?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * What date did you obtain your Paramedic certification/license (EMT-P)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter