Department: Upward Bound Math & Science
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Prog Mgr, Upward Bound
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req180
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT165-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Curriculum development and staff planning meetings in June 2018. Orientation on June 9, 2018. Six-week instructional assignment from June 11, 2018 to July 20, 2018. The instructor will work approximately 17-20 hours per week, between 9:00am and 12:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Number of Openings: 1
Serve as an English instructor for the Trio Upward Bound Math/Science program's Summer STEM Academy. This is a six-week instructional assignment (June 11, 2018 – July 20, 2018) with planning meetings commencing in June 2018. Serve as an English instructor for high school students (9th grade-12th grade) in the Tri-C Upward Bound Math/Science program.
- Teach high school English
- Monitor and keep daily log of student attendance, behavior, and academic development.
- Assist in the development of daily lesson plans and formative & summative assessments.
- Develop and maintain class syllabi and grade reports (mid-term & end-of-year).
- Provide classroom management and instruction in assigned courses.
- Provide a comprehensive written evaluation on each student enrolled in the classes taught.
- Develop engaging and hands-on lessons to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Bachelor's degree in English or English education
- Experience teaching subject matter to high school and/or college students
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Master's degree (preferably in English or English education)
- Experience working with a Trio program
Special Note:This position is grant-funded at Cuyahoga Community College. Appointment is contingent upon continuation of grant funding.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.