The State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in 52 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array of extended learning and professional development opportunities.
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking a qualified individual to join it's Admissions team as an Admissions Assistant. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a recruitment territory including: annual visits to high schools, attending college fairs, hosting recruitment events, communication/outreach, and annual progress reports.
- Work to track, complete, and yield applications for an assigned region. This includes assisting with the processing of applicant mail, filing, data entry, and outreach.
- Review completed applications for admission.
- Maintain comprehensive databases to track progress and construct regional reports.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with high school counselors and other admissions professionals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, training programs, and campus recruitment programs.
- Maintain daily communication with the office during all recruitment trips.
- Provide comprehensive scheduling of recruitment activities and events including detailed travel itinerary and budget information. Recommend updates and revisions as needed. Submit travel and expense reports.
- Maintain positive working relations with Offices of Financial Aid, Campus Life, Residential Life, the Registrar's Office, and Student Accounts. Maintain strong working knowledge of student policies and procedures within each of these departments.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to travel within an assigned territory
- Ability and experience working with a diverse student population
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of admissions professionals
- Strong ability to be organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- A Master's degree
- 3+ years experience in higher education
- This is a full time, 12 month position.
- The salary range for this position is salary grade SL-2, $47,000 - $48,000.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by May 8, 2018.
Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position responsibilities, and college values
- Current CV or Resume
- Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references