The School of Fashion Design, Boston seeks an entrepreneurial, hands-on, Executive Director.
The School of Fashion Design (SFD) offers a combination of professionalism and individual attention to each student’s needs, which has been a characteristic of the school since its founding in 1934. SFD is the only educational institution in New England that is focused solely on fashion design and is uniquely positioned for growth. http://www.schooloffashiondesign.org/
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for SFD faculty and staff, programs, physical plant and facilities, performance, and execution of the mission.
The Executive Director provides day-to-day management of institutional priorities and is expected to be an entrepreneurial, visible, hands-on leader, committed to fostering fiscal and operational excellence. Provide vision, leadership and financial guidance that ensures the fiscal integrity, compliance to requirements, operational excellence, and growth of the institution.
The Executive Director has management responsibility over the school ensuring quality operations designed to meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students, as well as the physical school building and its systems.
- Ensure ongoing enrollment and retention through graduation, local programmatic excellence, program evaluation, oversight of financials and administration, fundraising, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals, and to manage day-to-day operations.
- Assure admissions and marketing strategies are optimally executed. Monitor, analyze, and improve the process and procedures related to student recruitment and retention. Gather and analyze student trends to assist in developing strategy and interventions.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to develop the strategic vision, including fostering and cultivating mission-related opportunities. Lead the planning and preparation for Board meetings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis to include preparation of the institution's budgets, forecasts, and long term financial plans. Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization.
- Expand fundraising activities to support programs.
- Participate in developing new opportunities, including the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets and determining cost effectiveness of potential new programs.
- Ensure quality service to students, faculty, and staff by managing IT resources appropriately. Lead a program to expand all aspects of web presence communications to alumni, staff, and third parties.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the facilities at the school with external vendors and internal staff.
- Experience in all aspects of enrollment management. Excellent analytical, professional, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible, successful administrative and financial management experience.
- Experience relating to and effectively working with multiple constituencies including domestic and international applicants, students, alumnae, faculty, administration, and (design) industry.
- Experience managing multiple administrative functions within a fast-paced and growth-oriented organization, demonstrating ability to be flexible and willingness to adapt.
- Demonstrates expertise in strategic financial planning, business practices, financial analysis, and budget formation.
- Experience in building relationships with vendors, partners, and outside stakeholders.
- Understanding of how technology utilization can support the operational functions of the institution.
- Higher education experience desired.
Applications received by May 15, 2018 will receive immediate consideration. Please submit letter of interest, resume or CV, and three references to: email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
Position Available: June 2018
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly