The following job description reflects the support that this position must provide. Specific responsibilities of the position include and are not limited to:JOB DUTIES:CLINICAL TRIAL BILLING AND COMPLIANCE- Coordinate the pre-submission of the Office of Research (ORA). Inclusive of communicating with ancillary committees, study team, business office, and sponsors for document support.
- Review and interpret clinical trial protocols, budgets, and Medicare cost analysis.
- Initiate protocol specific budgets based on institutional standard rates and submit to ORA.
- Work with industry sponsors and Office of Research Administration (ORA) on amendments to the budget.
- Initiate and Maintain database for patient milestone tracking.
- Creature and maintain financial summary for sponsored clinical trials.
- Financially review of clinical billing in comparison to the study budget and Medicare cost analysis.
- Quarterly reporting of financial reports for stakeholders on the protocol.
- Assist with financial reporting metrics associated with personnel effort allocation.
- Reconciliation sponsored accounts for detailed billing of hospital technical fees.
- Process Payments for chargebacks for personnel time, as well as internal/external service providers.
- Serve as a liaison and resource for study team, investigators, and internal/external service providers.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required. 5 year work related experience is preferred but not required. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and schedules. Excellent computer skills required. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work under minimal direction. Must be detail oriented, possess strong analytic and communication skills, have a strong background in math and comfortable with advanced computer software such as spreadsheets and database programs. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Veteran/Disability Employer. Come join us!
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.]]>