Assistant Director - Student Transitions and Family Engagement (STFE)
Student Transitions and Family Engagement (STFE)
St. Edward's University
Reporting to the Director of Student Transitions and Family Engagement, the Assistant Director serves as a critical member of the STFE team through its support of student transitional programs and family engagement initiatives such as new student orientation, living learning communities, and family programming and communication.
- In collaboration with the Director and one additional Assistant Director, share responsibility for various aspects of transitional experiences including:
- The Orientation Process:
- Hillstart (online orientation support tool)
- New Student Orientation for incoming freshmen, transfers, and families
- Anchors (second-stage orientation immediately before the start of fall classes)
- LLC recruitment, placement, and programming
- Entry through exit student transitional programming
- Family engagement programming
- The Orientation Process:
- Recruit, train, and advise/supervise as many as 60 student paraprofessionals.
- Oversee and update webpages related to orientation, family engagement, or specific class pages.
- Support STFE efforts with affinity development of its alumni.
- Manage multiple complex sections of the STFE budget.
- Works collaboratively with numerous campus partners in support of recruitment, retention, and persistence through graduation.
- Provide leadership to various University, Divisional, or Office committees as assigned.
- Oversight of student engagement tracking, learning outcome development and program assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Student Affairs Administration or related field.
- One to two years of experience planning/executing activities and programs for students and family members required.
- Knowledge of higher education and student affairs functions, and student development theory essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to the concepts explicit in our university mission of community, collaboration, holistic education, and service within the context of a value-based, progressive Catholic university.
- Engaged in practice informed by a consideration to social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff, and be enthusiastic about working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, written and oral.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as appropriate.
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal background check.
- Creative, flexible, motivated, with insight into programs that will engage our students, and the ability to successfully market events highly valued.
- Experience advising transitional programs and student staff.
- Previous oversight or supervision related to new student orientation.
- Previous experience supporting family engagement programming and communication.
- Previous coordination of living learning communities.
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse budgets.
- Strong skills in advising, programming, assisting in student development, and communication.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in", by numerous independent media outlets, Austin Texas attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial, and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty, and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments, and Silicon Labs. For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention &amp; Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an application online at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/766557.html Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and a contact list of three references. NO CALLS PLEASE.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Reference #: J18027