Information Technologist II
Facilities Analytics DeveloperPosition Summary
• Independently meets with customers to determine analytics requirements and cross system integration on projects of high sensitivity or complexity, including, but not limited to, facilities, capital projects and other enterprise level activities.
• Develops complex technical specifications for facilities objects and processes.
• Performs functional systems design, including integration of business functions and user interface design using the appropriate tools which include, but are not limited to SSRS, Cognos Analytics, Tableau, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Developer.
• Develops, validates, tests and implements complex reporting solutions using a range of tools including, but not limited to, SSRS, Cognos Analytics, Tableau, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Developer.
• Performs other responsibilities related to report development and integration with other departmental software tools.
• Provides independent diagnostic support to customers for a broad range of reporting issues related to analytics.
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in reporting/analytics; experience working with enterprise level data sets as well as specific experience with FAMIS and Unifier systems and underlying data structure and a business understanding of facility management in higher education; proficiency in SQL Developer or other database query tool and the ability to write basic SQL queries to validate work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Higher education experience preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently with customers to analyze problems or needs with little supervision/oversight; ability to share knowledge and provide guidance in a way that non-technical customers will understand also preferred.Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letterWork Hours
Bidding eligibility ends on 4/17/18 at 11:55 PM.