Technology Support Specialist
William & Mary invites qualified applicants to apply for the Technology Support Specialist within the Information Technology Department.
The Technology Support Specialist provides the first point of contact for faculty, staff and students in their use of computers, software and telecommunications technology.
The position allows customers to explain their issue and are able to ask the correct questions to help establish a course of action to effectively work towards a resolution.
The core responsibilities are:
- Providing customer service and support support via phone and occasionally through email and walk-in for faculty, staff and students.
- Create detailed and accurate description of customer problems, troubleshooting steps and resolutions in the College’ Service Desk Software.
- Document instructions on a variety of common practices for use within the TSC and/or campus wide as needed.
- Install, troubleshoot and use a variety of software packages and the latest operating systems from Microsoft and Apple.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Familiarity with a variety of software packages and technologies, including productivity tools like Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013, Adobe Acrobat and networked applications such as Outlook, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and anti-virus software.
- Solid technical proficiency with the ability to install, utilize and troubleshoot a variety of operating systems (e.g. Latest Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems) and software packages to include Office Productivity Software, Email & Calendar clients, and Web-based applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills with, a strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and faculty in the College community.
- Effective technical writing skills with the ability to document step by step instructions on a variety of common practices for use within the TSC and/or campus wide as needed.
- Flexibility and strong organization skills with the ability to adapt to new trends in IT while manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and maintaining Windows and Apple software in a networked environment.
- Strong Customer Service experience.
A+, Microsoft, Dell, Apple and other technical certifications a plus.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.