Associate Vice-Chancellor for Enrollment Management
Southern University and Agricultural & Mechanical College is a world class research institution and America’s oldest and only historically Black University system. For 138 years Southern has educated, nurtured and empowered citizens of the world focused on global change, leadership and service. Southern University and A & M seeks an Associate Vice-Chancellor for Enrollment Management who is able to establish a framework for meeting institutional recruitment goals.
The Associate Vice-Chancellor reports to the Vice- Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and serves as a senior member of the Enrollment Management administrative team and a key representative to constituencies throughout the state and nation. A primary objective of the Associate Vice-Chancellor is the development and implementation of a progressive and consistent plan for enrollment growth. The major responsibilities of the Associate Vice-Chancellor include:
- Provides direction, leadership, and professional development to the offices of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Collaborates with other departments/divisions to carry out the philosophy of a student-centered institution within an integrated enrollment services environment
- Develops, implements and assesses a strategic enrollment management plan and goals in partnership with academic deans, division leaders, alumni federation, administration
- Utilizes enrollment and other relevant data for decision-making and planning
- Develops metrics and assessment methods to evaluate operations that drive continuous process improvement to optimize services to students and increase enrollment
- Develops and monitors annual budget
- Collaborates with the Marketing & Communications to develop image, brand, and appropriate recruiting campaigns and admissions/recruitment materials
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with external community agencies, organizations, service area school districts to promote outreach and facilitate student enrollment
- Assesses, develops and recommends policies to appropriate deans, committees, or other entities related to enrollment management functions
- Carries out projects as assigned by the vice chancellor; and works to further enrollment management initiatives.
The candidate should have knowledge of and ability to administer the following:
- Ability to develop strategic recruitment and enrollment plans and procedures
- Prior experience in supervising professional staff
- Knowledge of student database systems such as BANNER
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as Technolutions (Slate), Sales Force and Hobsons Connect
- Knowledge of institutional organization, policies, procedures, and administrative practices generally used in higher education
- Knowledge of federal regulations and new developments in Title programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff members.
The Associate Vice-Chancellor has the authority to act on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor in his/her absence. Position requires extensive travel, as well as the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The ideal candidate should have a Master's degree, progressive higher education responsibilities, leadership experience in enrollment/admissions, and sophisticated understanding of enrollment strategies, market research, social media, admissions, financial aid, and student information systems. Analytical ability as well as excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with faculty, students, alumni, and administrators across the entire university community are critical traits. An in-depth understanding of both undergraduate and graduate admissions and enrollment is preferred. In addition, the candidate must:
- A history of enthusiastically embracing the value and mission of a historically black land grant institution.
- Demonstrate success in working with academic administration, faculty committees and governance groups, and student leadership organizations and a strong background in program and policy development and implementation.
- Exhibit exceptional team building and leadership skills and the ability to build consensus and collaborative relationships campus-wide that support the achievement of new and returning student enrollment goals.
- A collegial, friendly, flexible and collaborative approach to student development, leadership and campus culture. Provide a strong commitment to the advancement of student and staff diversity, staff professional development and training.
- Demonstrate an active knowledge of marketing services and research, prospect management, electronic marketing, promotion, events, and the evaluation/tracking of outcomes necessary for the division.
- Knowledge of regulatory and professional and ethical guidelines in enrollment management and financial aid to ensure compliance with college, state, federal, and other outside agency rules and regulations.
- A commitment to shared governance and sensitivity, fairness, compassion, empathy, objectivity, and transparency in decision-making.
- Excellent communication, strategic planning, assessment skills and ability to build and manage budgets and use financial resources wisely.
- A demonstrated passion for students focusing on their well-being, development and learning, and a personal track record of continuous learning to stay current on new ideas and technologies relevant to the position.
- A desire to work in a complex environment that values both data-driven decision making and innovation. Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate information on various topics from diverse sources, and to use data and information effectively in planning and decision making.
- Working knowledge of PC and mainframe based information systems and customer relations management (CRM) programs.
To apply: Please submit the Southern University Unclassified Application, Curriculum Vita or Resume', and References to [email protected]
The application is available on the Southern University Human Resources website under downloadable forms at http://www.sus.edu/page/downloadable-forms
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University and A&M College is an equal opportunity employer.