Director of Volleyball Operations
Job ID: 5504 - FT Temporary - Unclassified (salaried)
Support the Head Volleyball Coach and Assistant Coaches in the administration and operation of the Women’s Volleyball Program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies, i.e., Mid-American Conference.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Participate in the administration of the Volleyball Program:
- Utilize Data Volley skills to code, edit film, and prepare video viewing for team and staff on the road and during practice weeks in preparing for each opponent.
- Acquire bus quotes and act as liaison to the bus company in arranging the details for each trip and as the liaison to the driver for the day/weekend of travel.
- Help create team travel itineraries for each road trip.
- Acquire hotel quotes, manage contracts, and act as liaison to the hotel through the week leading up to travel.
- Be responsible for all travel receipts, and travel expense reports.
- Plan and coordinate all meals for each trip the week leading up to travel, handling the menus and orders for the travel party.
- Oversee travel, lodging and meal details while on the road with the full travel party
- Assist Recruiting Coordinator with first level emails, and in maintaining recruiting databases and questionnaire data in University Athlete and Jump Forward.
- Create recruiting and program materials, and help arrange distribution to recruits, alumni, and other support groups.
- Coordinate PSA high school and club tournament schedules
- Assist with CARA LOG and recruiting data recording.
- Work with catering service to select and schedule home pre-game meals.
- Manage team’s nutrition needs by coordinating snacks and drinks for travel and locker room.
- Assist with Miami Volleyball Team Banquet and other team events.
- Record, enter and upload practice statistics daily.
- Work on a dashboard for easy location and reading of stats by team members.
- Assist in arena set-up / Video set-up.
- Oversee student assistants working with the Volleyball Program.
- Assist as requested by coaching staff, including timely uploading of film, acquiring and posting NCAA statistics, organizing stat boards for team members, and summarizing and posting other team statistics.
- Code each match, and edit film in a timely fashion for individual and team viewing.
- Help plan and coordinate programs for student-athlete development and service activities. This will include various team functions, team-building programs, campus events and community outreach.
- Facilitate newsletters to donors, alumnae, and fans.
- Help coordinate volleyball alumnae functions.
- Oversee timely brochure updating, printing, and distribution.
- Website updates and on-going registration of interested camp clients.
- Assist in camp organization, preparation, operation and supervision.
- Oversee facility use with basketball teams.
Assist the head coach in conducting the Volleyball Program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, and appropriate record keeping for competition, practice sessions, recruiting, and successfully completing the annual NCAA certification test.
Participate in department activities and attend all scheduled meetings.
Participate in other duties assigned by the Athletic Administration and Head Coach.
Bachelor's Degree with working knowledge of NCAA rules.
Working knowledge & proven skills with Data Volley software for coding, editing and analysis.
Possesses solid writing and interpersonal skills with time spent working with a college athletic program.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.