Financial Aid Technician
Financial Aid Technician
Posting Number: 0000773
PS Position#: 00000969
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $27,692 - $30,461 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B21. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Financial Aid
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide comprehensive clerical and customer service support for the Financial Aid Office as part of the Financial Aid Team by receiving student documents, responding to general questions, referring student to specialists, and making presentations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- May work either the front desk or back office operations.
- Greet students and assist them with general financial aid questions, such as deadlines, reimbursement dates, and book vouchers.
- Answer busy phone lines, direct phone calls, and disseminate information to assist callers.
- Follow up student issues.
- Refer students to Financial Aid Specialists.
- Manage orientations and outreach events.
- Manage publication inventory and content.
- Supervise student employees.
- Train clerical support and student employees.
- Assist students at the front desk.
- Process intake documents and accurately receipt.
- Log in documents.
- Make student files via the imaging system.
- File documents and files via the imaging system.
- Remain current about financial aid changes.
- Assist with data input and retrieval.
- Pick up mail from mailroom and drop off outgoing mail.
- Notify students by email, phone and/or postal service.
- Be prepared to act as back up for financial aid events, including possible presentations.
- Support PeopleSoft upgrade and testing.
- Coordinate with supervisor regarding clerical support and student employment issues.
- Effectively communicate ideas, issues, and concerns as they arise with supervisors and other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of previous customer service experience
- Must be available to work in a rotating schedule that includes some evening work on a regular basis
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed, for financial aid events in the service area
- Basic math skills
- Proficient computer skills are required (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Must have excellent phone and customer service skills
- Successfully completed some college credit courses
- College level training in office administration or word processing
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish
- Experience providing customer service in an educational setting
- Experience using document imaging/scanning software
- Experience using PeopleSoft
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 4/24/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume and cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work.official transcripts required upon employment.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4789
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.