Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor of Computer Science
The Computer Science Program at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for faculty positions at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level beginning August 2018. Applicants with interests in any field of Computer Science are encouraged to apply. Applicants with a background and/or interest in Data Security, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Database Management and Administration, Compilers and Programming Languages, Algorithms and Complexity Theory, and Software Engineering are preferred.
Candidates are required to have an earned Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely related field by the time of appointment (August 2018).
The Computer Science Program currently offers a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science with three concentrations (Cyber gaming, Cybersecurity & Information Assurance, and Advanced Topics). The College of Innovation Technology offers an M.Sc. degree in Innovation and Technology. More information about the CS Program at Florida Polytechnic University can be found here:
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization. (earned by August 2018)
- Candidates must be willing to teach courses in Computer Science at all levels.
- Demonstrated record or the potential for excellence in research appropriate to the rank to be held and/or the experience of the candidate.
- Demonstrated record or the potential for excellence in teaching appropriate to the rank to be held and/or the experience of the candidate.
- Experience in obtaining external funding, grant preparation, and a record of scholarship are desirable.
- Industrial Experience.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University is a new state University that opened for classes in 2014-15, and strives to have a major higher education presence within Florida and beyond. The University was created by the Florida Legislature as a STEM-focused four-year public university, with a range of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive high-tech workforce, Florida Polytechnic University takes a hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics and partners with industry leaders to provide relevant learning opportunities. With an innovative approach to higher education, the University emphasizes core subjects in small class sizes, while giving students opportunities for hands-on education through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing 14.3% on average over the past year, Lakeland and central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
- Letter of Application
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D. and M.Sc. transcript