Assistant Ice Hockey Coach
Job ID: 5506 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
To assist the head coach in the administration and operation of the men's ice hockey program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the Mid-American Conference, the NCAA, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. NCHC) .
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Participates in the administration and organization of the Men's Ice Hockey program, to include:
- Assist the Recruiting Coordinator/Associate Head Coach in identification of prospective student-athletes
- Assist the Recruiting Coordinator/Associate Head Coach in determining scholarship allocation for prospective student-athletes
- Participate in recruiting travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes
- Assist the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach with on-ice practice sessions for all players
- Coach the goaltenders with technique and training methods
- Serve as primary liaison to the Academic Coordinator in monitoring academic progress
- Meeting with student-athletes individually who need assistance with academic progress
- Assist with team travel arrangements
- Serve as primary liaison to the Miami Hockey Alumni Body to coordinate and execute alumni functions
- Prepare for upcoming games through opponent video scouting and preparation of scouting reports
- Maintaining knowledge of NCAA, MAC, NCHC and University rules and regulations
- Enforcing athletic departmental and team policies regarding student athletes
- Maintaining and updating files on student-athletes to include: transcripts, course schedules and calendars
- Participating in departmental activities to include service on committees and attending all scheduled mandatory meetings
- Performing other duties as assigned by the athletic administration and Head Ice Hockey Coach
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in coaching or playing college hockey at the Division 1 level
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.