Statistician Data Analyst
Job ID:5515 - Unclassified - Full-Time (salary)
The Data Analyst Statistician provides statistical and analytical solutions for support of the Alumni Relations, Stewardship and Development offices within University Advancement as part of the University Advancement IT Team.
- Provides statistical support and metric analysis for alumni demographic, activity and fundraising data using Excel, MS Access, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, BI Publisher,Google Analytics, and other statistical modeling tools against active databases, external vendors and legacy databases.
- Assists IT development group with effective adhoc statistical reporting for internal and external Advancement reporting.
- Determines the appropriate statistical tests to use to answer research questions including organizing, delivering and collecting survey data.
- Comprehends and analyzes data results and presents data in laymen’s terms and applies sampling techniques in order to determine size of groups to be studied.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Coordinates support of statistical reports and statistical webpage dashboard delivery with members of the IT Team.
- Provides demonstrations and training to end users of statistical reports and models.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience in Statistical Modeling and Analysis, experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be considered.
- Experience working with a variety of database sources.
- Ability to apply sampling techniques and work with business units to determine data to be sampled and studied.
- Ability to work with a variety of data sets and tools including flat files, database environments and provided excel financial data.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with technical and non-technical clients, and with clients and staff at all organizational levels and formal results presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to independently gain knowledge of statistical and analytical and industry trends.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.