Vice President Finance and Administration/CFO
Holy Family University, a ministry of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth was chartered in 1954 to offer high quality, affordable, and accessible higher education and now offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Our core values of Family, Respect, Integrity, Service and Responsibility, Learning, and Vision shape the culture and environment for student and employees.
Since 2014, Holy Family has been on a positive trajectory, adding new programs, experiencing enrollment growth, implementing a multi-year strategic plan, and maintaining a strong balance sheet. We are seeking a Vice President for Finance and Administration/CFO who is able to support the strategic vision of the University in collaboration with the President, members of the senior team and Board of Trustees. In addition, responsible for leadership and oversight of:
- Financial planning and control including financial planning and budgeting, as well as the maintenance and compliance with rational tables of authority for use and commitment of the University’s resources
- Compliance with GAAP, regulatory and Higher education accounting and reporting standards
- Strategic, financial and operational reporting
- Treasury management, cash management, debt management, Insurance and risk management
- Establishing and maintaining the University’s risk assessment and management processes
- Facilities, real estate and capital projects,
- Emergency preparedness and safety
- Overseeing the acquisition and compliance of grants and related contracts
- Investment management
- Auxiliary services
- Billing and collections in accordance with including collection of amounts due to the University as well as to entities for which the University is acting as agent
- Direct reports include: Associate Vice President/Controller, Associate Vice President Human Resources, Senior Budget Analyst, Director of Campus Operations, Director of Allied Security, Auxiliary Services including bookstore operations, food services, and public safety.
- Leads the preparation, along with the President and the Board, of the University’s long-term financial plan consistent with the strategic plan, annual budgets, capital budgets and reporting on performance against those plans as part of the overall strategic, operational and financial reporting processes of the University
- Oversees the financial operations of the University including controllership, business office and planning and budgeting processes.
- Responsible for the overall audit process and effective and efficient coordination of the annual audit process
- Provides oversight in coordinating projects and procedures involving bookstore operation, food services and public safety
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, repair and renovation of campus facilities and grounds as well as providing oversight for all campus construction
- Oversees human resources and related functions
- Participates in facilities master planning through oversight and management of the allocated budget as well as identification of and securing extramural funding; annually updates the campus master plan
- Participates in policy development in matters of fiscal management and business operations
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal fiscal requirements applicable to institutions of higher education in all its constituencies
- Directs preparation, maintenance and preservation of business records, files, and data as required by institutional policy and relevant external regulatory guidelines
- Directs the preparation of the Form 990 tax return in collaboration with the controller
- Oversees selection, administration and maintenance of insurance coverage for the adequate protection of University resources and assets
- Prepares and/or directs preparation of reports and presentations in areas of responsibility for submission to the President, Board, and other such internal and external constituencies and regulatory agencies as may be required
- Participates regularly in workshops, seminars, meetings and other forms of relevant professional development opportunities
- Designs, implements and maintains an organizational structure which supports realization of operational and strategic goals in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with various constituents from trustees and the president to fellow senior administrators, staff, faculty and students in a model of participatory management and shared governance
- Able to effectively represent the University to the community
- Ability to facilitate change in a positive and productive manner
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of the university; student centered focus
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Solid mathematical and accounting skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive and difficult situations
- Able to work independently and as a team member, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and assign work to others
- Adapts to a changing environment with multi-faceted duties
- Exhibits a spirit of partnership, transparency and fiscal responsibility
- Master’s/advanced degree in accounting or closely related discipline preferred. Bachelor’s degree in accounting with current CPA licensure required.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in financial management setting, preferably in higher education
- Knowledge of contemporary financial/related issues in higher education
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in personnel and budget management
- Strong technology skills across multiple applications for use in planning, forecasting and operations; experience with Datatel Colleague a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested candidates are asked to provide a resume, and letter of application that addresses qualifications in relation to the responsibilities and requirements described in the position profile. Please submit materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Holy Family University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, gender, age (as defined in the relevant statutes), veteran status, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other classification protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy extends to all educational, employment, and service programs at the University and complies with applicable federal laws. Holy Family University is committed to providing all qualified applicants and employees equal employment opportunities, not only because it is the law, but also because of our belief that adherence is morally correct.
Holy Family University complies with Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in an institution's education programs and activities. For inquiries regarding equal employment opportunity/non-discrimination, contact Human Resources at 267-341-3479.