Admissions/Records Clerk II
Sacramento City College
Admissions/Records Clerk II
Job Posting Number: C00578P
Salary: $3,080.60 per month
Closing Date: 4/30/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6798
Under general supervision, may be assigned to records, admissions, veterans’ affairs, and/or data processing or may also be assigned clerical lead responsibility for classified staff and office procedures of evening division admissions. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Admissions and Records department.
● Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties involving student registration, admission and records maintenance.
● Distributes, explains, receives, and checks for completion and accuracy, and maintains various records of items such as residence lists and registration forms, high school and college transcripts, cumulative student records, athletic eligibility, program changes, and veteran-related forms.
● Performs a variety of public contact tasks.
● Creates and/or maintains PowerPoint slideshow of Admissions/Records information for students.
● Communicates with students, staff, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
● Aids students in registration and admission procedures by giving information about admission and graduation requirements, prerequisites, and courses offered.
● Prepares and maintains student folders.
● Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests; and compiles data for and prepares statistical and other reports on various registration, admission, and records related topics for District and external agencies as needed.
● Prepares information for data processing from various source documents and checks output for completion and accuracy.
● Receives and accounts for various fees.
● Processes records, posts and processes grades, types and files various notices and forms.
● Prepares and maintains Veterans’ Affairs (VA) student folders.
● Keeps current and accurate record of schedules, transcripts, and course planners for VA students.
● Updates drop/adds; reports changes to the VA; oversees VA work-study students; maintains veteran-related forms and contracts; and evaluates military transcripts and posts units on the appropriate system.
● Prepares routine correspondence; composes and types letters, including denial letters.
● Arranges appointments for staff and students; answers telephone, responds to requests, delivers messages; operates office machines, receives and distributes mail; and orders materials, supplies, and services.
● Oversees temporary and student workers.
● May perform clerical lead responsibilities for classified staff and office procedures of evening division admissions.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Two years of general clerical experience preferably including one year of school admissions/records experience or general accounting. (One year of college level business or clerical course work may be substituted for one year of general work experience).
Promotional: One year of experience performing clerical duties at the level of A/R Clerk I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.