Administrative Professional Sr
Description Job Purpose: Provide high level, specialized administrative services within a campus unit, usually in direct support of unit management. Position usually encompasses organization of office services within area including coordinating calendars, meetings and events, budget administration, procurement and report preparation. May provide work coordination and supervision to lower level administrative personnel within the unit.
- Prepare and manage department budget. Generate associated reports.
- Coordinate Payroll and HR related functions (time-keeping, PSFs, paperwork processing, etc.).
- Coordinate unit purchasing process. Track and manage purchasing activities.
- Originate and process correspondence, reports and other documentation.
- Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports; develop and maintain databases and records management systems.
- Plan meetings and other events to include scheduling, reservations, arrangements, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for unit staff management and staff as directed.
- Review and resolve complex administrative related questions and issues; recommend new or revised unit administrative procedures.
- Provide training and ongoing work guidance (may include supervision) to administrative staff members as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School, GED or Vocational School Diploma
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced skills in general office administration to include budget administration, unit level procurement processing, document production and management, records management, event management, problem solving and office organization. Skill in use of advanced office and financial related computer applications is required.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree or some college
- Preferred Work Experience: Project management support including experience providing logistical support, preparing and coordinating materials, reports and schedules. Experience supporting a broad range of multifunctional projects and program as well as conducting assessments, gathering and interpreting data and producing reports. This position will have equal parts of administrative support and project management support duties. •Preferred Certifications: N/A
Additional Information: Please note this is a Limited Term Position
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management and staff, vendors and office visitors. This position typically will advise and counsel: administrative staff . This position may supervise lower level administrative staff.