Student Services Specialist (Temporary)
Job ID:5505 - Unclassified - FT-Temporary (salary)
Provides front line services and outreach to students with the highest levels of customer service and accuracy. Utilizes problem solving skills & knowledge of policies & procedures related to registration, billing, and student financial assistance. Position may require working evening and weekends.
- Provides excellent customer service and problem resolution in a high volume environment. Resolves inquiries by phone, in person, and by email communication with students, families, staff and other parties. Counsels parents and students in the areas of financial aid, billing, registration and provides a referral to other offices as needed.
- Delivers presentations to students, parents, University staff and to the external community on topics related to billing, financial aid, and registration. Provides support for University outreach to targeted populations.
- Processes registration forms and academic records such as Independent Study forms, schedule changes, enrollment verification requests, transcripts. Requires in-depth knowledge in divisional and departmental policies, withdrawals, and re-enrollment processes.
- Performs independent special projects as needed such as representing on University committees, reviewing and submitting updates for the website, maintenance of data in our ticketing system. Completes other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the first contact to students and the university community in the areas of residency and the use of veteran's benefits. Keeps current with federal, state and University policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree with at least one year of experience (pre or post degree) or two years working full-time in a customer service related field.
- Ability to serve customers graciously, quickly and accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to attend functions off campus and work evening and weekend hours as needed; some travel may be required.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.